Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Where does the time go?

I can't believe it's been 2 weeks since I've posted. Sadly, the week after I wrote the last one was not such a good week. Just feeling a bit lonely and blue. I, of course, miss family and friends back home. I also really miss my Shanghai friends, not Shanghai really, I am enjoying Singapore, but I do wish the girls could all move down and into my building here so that I don't have to do any work to have friends. :)
Jeff got back around 1:00 AM this past Monday morning. Today was a holiday, Hari Raya Puasa, so all 3 of my boys were home. We got a slow start to the morning and made it to the American Club about 11:45. Jeff and I worked out while the kids hung in the Kid's Club. Then met Angela and her 3 boys at the pool for lunch. West is only 2 months old so he didn't really care where he was but the other boys all had a great time. Came back and Reed and Jeff literally played that dumb Nintendo DS for hours. Annoying. But, it's Jeff's holiday so he can do what he wants.
Reed is off all of next week for fall break, I've signed him up for a camp M-Th. They will do some field trips and other activities. It's from 9:30 to 1:45 so a much shorter day then he is used to. Jeff may be in Shanghai the first part of the week but we are hoping to take a bus to Genting, Malaysia for a 3 day weekend. Some friends have stayed there and recommended it. The bus ride is 6 hours long but supposedly stops several times and the boys LOVE riding on the bus. It's supposed to be a comfortable one. I have not been to Malaysia yet and think seeing the countryside would be pretty cool. Trip isn't booked yet so we'll see if we really go or not.
I'm slowly starting to realize what the weather is like here. Since we moved here at the end of the summer and had spent 6 weeks in Kansas and Texas, I was used to the hot weather. But here we are, the first of October and if anything, it's just more humid. I think the rainy season starts next month. Usually the rain cools it down for a few hours so that part will be good. Having to deal with public transportation during a downpour is not much fun. I think it will be a daily occurance during the rainy season.
I'm almost finished with the pictures of the apartment, they WILL be posted by the end of the week (and by that I mean by Sunday night). That's it for now.

No comments: