Thursday, October 2, 2008

Total ramblings about my day

It's Thursday night and I'm getting ready to put the boys to bed and listen to hours of incredibly boring conferences calls in my bedroom. Jeff LOVES to have the darn things on speaker phone. Both boys have new sayings or new favorite words. Reed's is "Annoying" (wonder where he hears that????) and Graham's is "Gross." They both use those words a lot and it's pretty funny. The other thing Reed says all the time, mostly in regards to his DS game is "So easy" with a laugh that lets you know he is just the coolest. He learned the words genius and expert and is constantly asking me if he is a genius or expert, if that person is a genius etc. The other day he told me he was an expert at drawing because he's really into it and really good at it. Funny kid.
I did BodyPump today at the gym. I walked home in hopes to prevent some of the soreness. It's a really good class and I have a long way to go before I can do the entire thing without dying. It's been great having this gym with classes, didn't really have any of those in Shanghai, there was one but it was hit or miss as far as the class actually happening.
Tomorrow is UN Day at Reed's school. The kids are supposed to dress up as they would in their home country or another country they've lived in. It took me quite a while to convince Reed that he could not dress up like he was from Germany since we had never been there (he has told people that he was from there and that he speaks German) let alone be from there. As you know, the US is not exactly known for a certain kind of dress. Jeff found a t-shirt at the Austin airport that says Don't Mess With Texas and it's in red white and blue so that's what he's wearing with jean shorts. I can't wait to go and see the parade and take lots of pictures for everyone. I did finish pictures of the apartment, just have to download them and get them into an album.
Guess that's about it for now, we've changed our plans for next weekend and instead of a 6 hour bus ride we're going to do a 55 minute ferry ride to Bintan, Indonesia. We are going there right after Christmas as well but to a different resort. Should be a fun and relaxing 3 day vacation.
Better get the kids to bed. Reed just told me "God made this game SO EASY!!!!!!!!!" He really makes me laugh.

2 comments:

Dennis/Dad said...

Glad you are getting a get-away vacation, sounds like fun. Let's see - you are going to another country for the weekend, we are going to Kansas City. Your trip takes 55 minutes, ours takes about 3 hours. That seems odd.

Lori Dunham said...

Hi Tracey. I love checking your email, hearing all about your time in Singapore. I hope you are able to adjust well. You sound like you are getting out and meeting alot of people. We can't wait to get there although I know the heat is going to kill me. We look forward to seeing you guys.
Hope your weekend trip goes well. Can't wait to hear about it!
-Lori