Wednesday, December 10, 2008

My pictures from Shanghai

I am finally posting the pictures from my trip to Shanghai in November. It's been so long now that I don't even remember what all I did but I had a great time and miss my friends there dearly. I do not, however, really miss Shanghai all that much. The fact that I'm so late in posting this can be blamed on my friend Melissa. While I was staying with her she let me use her computer. She had Mahjong on it and I became addicted again (had it on my old computer but not my current one). I came home, downloaded it onto my system and it takes up all of my time. Shame on you Melissa! :) But thanks so much for having Graham and I stay with you, you are a great host!

The first picture is of lunch with friends Hae Jin, Irene, Jessica and Melissa. The second is of dinner with Kathryn, Vicki, Jim, Anh Thy, Kirsten, Harmony, Lee, Dorsey, Christi and Marsha. I got to see several other friends as well, it was so great to spend time with them.


Next up, pictures of Graham and his favorite women. First, Jiang, our ayi who Graham seriously may love more than Jeff and I. He also loved seeing Ms. Chen and Ms. Swati. He got to play with all of his friends, Chris, Elliot, Christopher, Jeffery, Suzuri, Sana and Lily. I won't post all the pictures of the kiddos, but they are all darling. :)


Finally, really the highlight of my trip, getting back to the orphanage where I hadn't been since they closed it to volunteers last March due to flu and HFM outbreaks. My precious Brooke was there, it took her awhile to warm up to me but she finally did. I had a great time catching up with Anne and Marissa as well. It was a fairly nice day and we were able to take some of the kids outside. A lot of the kids had moved on to the next room so there were quite a few new, younger kids there but about half were ones who I have been spending time with for 2 years. In the one picture I'm putting my bracelet on Brooke. She absolutely loves wearing jewelery. :)



Everyone was asking when we are coming for our next visit. I really hope to, would love to take Reed back as well. Not sure if it will work out or not. I think I have just about 6 months left before Melissa moves home and our "guest suite" will no longer be available. I can't quite imagine though, not ever returning and not seeing my friends again. We'll just have to see I guess.




1 comment:

Dennis/Dad said...

Thanks for the pix and comments. Looks like you both had a great time. It is sad to think you might not see any of those friends again.