Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Graham Cracker

I'm excited to say that Graham has gone happily to school the past 2 days. Tuesday I took him early so I could drop him off in his classroom rather than the assembly room. He still wasn't thrilled but the teacher bribed him with M&Ms and I left. Zeny picked him up and she said he didn't have any issues when he went to assembly so I thought that was good. Wednesday he didn't get up early enough to go early but didn't seem too distressed when he saw his ugly uniform so I knew that was a good sign. We walked to school and he talked about all the cars and trucks and taxis and sports cars and minivans that we passed. We got to the door of the assembly room, he walked in, an assistant teacher took his backpack, I asked for a kiss, he gave me one and went to sit down by his classmates. Same thing today, I peeked in after about a minute and he was standing up with everyone dancing to the music, which is all sung in Chinese on Tuesdays and Thursdays. SO! I think it's safe to say he has adjusted and of course, tomorrow is the last day of the quarter and then he's off for 2 weeks so we'll probably have to start all over again!

3 comments:

kjl said...

Glad Graham is getting settled. I hope the readjustment goes quickly the second time around!

Dennis/Dad said...

I bet he will be anxious for school to start again. Bet you will be too!!

MozzarElla said...

Congrats, Graham! Tracy, you'll have to video Graham while he's singing the school song in Chinese-- then post it on YouTube. We'd love to see it!

Ella is "fixin'" to start a 5 day (AM only) Pre-K this week. It seems so sudden that she's to this age already!

Glad Graham's singin' in Singapore!
Carol, Michael, & Ella