Friday, April 24, 2009

Graham said the funniest thing....

I want to preface this story with the fact that I take domestic abuse/violence very seriously, it is in no way a laughing matter. But when you read this story, coming from a concerned 3 year old, you just have to laugh......
When Graham woke up from his nap today he was fairly cranky so I held him on my lap while sitting on the couch, him snuggled into me. He finally warmed up and sat back looking at me. Then he leaned in close, pointed to my lip and asked, "Mom, what is that?" I asked what he meant. He said with a very serious expression and tone, "Mom, what is on your lip? Is that where Daddy punched you?" I burst into laughter and couldn't stop for several minutes, he finally decided it was funny too and laughed. After awhile I was able to ask him if he thought Daddy had punched me in the mouth and he said "Yes," like, "That's a stupid question."
For the record, Daddy has never punched me in the mouth. Have a good day! :)

4 comments:

Dennis/Dad said...

Graham is probably a very observant and intuitive child. I imagine that from watching you and Jeff interact, he has concluded it would be reasonable that from time to time Jeff had a very good reason to punch you in the mouth. Thank goodness Jeff has shown extraordinary restraint!!

Janelle said...

Good to know Graham has your back.

Cupcakes and Cutlery said...

I just wanted to say thank you for your comment you left on my blog the other day. It is always nice to find other moms that know EXACTLY what it is like to deal with the food allergies. I can't even imagine how hard it must be to have to worry about that over seas!!

S-

Anonymous said...

The stories kids concoct are too funny!