Friday, March 6, 2009

Milestones: Reed

I didn't set any goals for Reed for 2009 (please read my post about Graham down below first!) as he is older and I couldn't really think of anything in particular that he needed to work on. (really, what WE as parents needed to help him work on) But he has had some milestones just the same. Reed LOVES school, I mean loves it to death. It sometimes takes me awhile to wake him up in the morning but once he's awake and realizes he is going to school he jumps up, gets dressed (sometimes takes a bath first floating with just his nose and mouth outside the water), eats his cereal and is ready to go. He has been an extremely picky eater his whole life and I would say that he has been really good about branching out and trying new things. But getting back to school, he has come such a long way in his reading. I don't know how old I was when we started reading but I don't think it was kindergarden.
He has also gone back to being a really sweet, helpful kid. I sort of remember him being this way until about 2 1/2 but then the troublemaker took over. A long, long time ago Jeff's cousin Robin Faulkner told me that kids start being nice and fun to be around again about the age of 5, right when they start going to school fulltime, which she felt was unfortunate. At the time Reed was about 3 months old and I couldn't comprehend how he COULDN'T be sweet and wonderful all the time.............. Anyway, he has gone back to being wonderful (most of the time) helping me out, helping Graham much of the time, being a great big brother. There are, of course, fights and arguments as well but I guess they wouldn't be normal kids/brothers if there wasn't that going on.
The biggest milestone I think is Reed lost his first tooth last week. While he is SO excited about knowing the tooth fairy will be in his room with her magic wand, he waited about 11 days to put it under his pillow because he was waiting until today to take it to show and tell. His "grown up" tooth is already showing through, he informed me the other day that it is also his "permanent tooth." :)

2 comments:

Dennis/Dad said...

Somehow I had the idea that it was an upper tooth. I'm amazed after 11 days he still had it for show and tell.

Erin said...

Glad he has become your sweet little Reeder again!!